This pasta dish is heavenly. It looks fancy, tastes amazing and the kids love it. It's a nice meal to serve when you have guests over...and it's easy as can be to put together!
Pesto Pasta with Roasted Tomatoes
Kate Jones & Sara Wells
1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes
8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
3-4 Tbsp olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
8 oz. bowtie pasta (a little more than 3 cups)
1/4 cup pine nuts
1/2 cup pesto (I just buy it for a faster meal, but you could make your own if desired)
1/3 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425. Bring a large pot of water to boil.
2. Place tomatoes and mushrooms on a foil-lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Toss with your fingers, making sure everything is coated. Sprinkle lightly with Kosher salt and black pepper. Cook for 12-15 minutes or until tomatoes look plump and some of the skins start to split.
3. When the water comes to a boil, add 2 tsp Kosher salt and pasta to the water and cook according to package directions.
4. While the pasta is cooking, place the pine nuts in a small skillet over medium heat. Stir frequently until the nuts turn golden brown and look slightly glossy, about 7-9 minutes.
5. To assemble, toss the hot drained pasta with pesto and Parmesan cheese. Top with tomatoes and mushrooms and sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and additional Parmesan cheese if desired.