Thursday, January 19, 2012

Salsa Chicken

I am on a kick to eat less calories (it is January and resolution time, right?) My biggest issue with doing this is that I don't want to eat things that taste like cardboard.

I don't have pictures, but here is one that I found that we really liked.

Salsa Chicken
by Faye (allrecipes.com)

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
4 teaspoons taco seasoning mix
1 cup salsa
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
2 Tbsp. sour cream (optional)

Directions:
1-Place chicken breasts in lightly greased pan. Sprinkle taco seasoning on both sides of chicken, and pour salsa over all.
2-Bake 375 for 25-35 minutes (until chicken is tender and juices run clear.
3-Sprinkle chicken with cheese, and continue baking for another 3-5 minutes (until cheese is melted.) Top with sour cream if desired, and serve.

Best part: each piece (1/2 a chicken breast) = 287 calories.

1 comment:

  1. I know you will be shocked that we made this this week (without seeing this first!) but we just used chicken and salsa...then made them into fajitas using sour cream and cheese. I made mine into a salad and opted out of the sour cream and cheese...Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete