Spice up your grilling with this delicious summertime salsa...Southwestern-style eating at its finest...right in your own backyard!Chili Lime-Steak
Kate Jones and Sara Wells
1-2 lbs boneless steak (we used flank steak)
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp granulated garlic (I used 1/2 tsp garlic powder)
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp oregano
1/8-1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
3/4 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp ground pepper
1 lime, juiced (about 2 Tbsp lime juice)
1 Tbsp olive oil
1. Combine spices in a small bowl. Add lime juice and olive oil. Stir to combine.
2. Place steak in a shallow 9X13 baking dish. Pour the mixture over the steak and then rub in in with your hands. Allow the steak to stand for 15 minutes. While the meat is standing, preheat the grill.
3. Place the steak on the grill over medium-high heat and cook for 5-7 minutes per side or until the desired doneness is reached. Serve with Black Bean Mango Salsa.
Black Bean/Mango Salsa:
1 can black beans (15.5 oz), rinsed and drained
1 medium mango, peeled and diced (about 1 cup)
1/2 cup diced red onion (about 1/2 medium onion)
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
2 tsp red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 medium avocado, diced
1. In a large bowl, combine black beans, mango red onion and cilantro.
2. In a small bowl, combine lime juice, vinegar, sugar, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir to dissolve the sugar and then pour over black bean mixture. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
3. When ready to serve, gently fold in the diced avocado. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.