Friday, June 17, 2011

Mushroom Alfredo

This is a family favorite...My six-year-old requests it on a regular basis. I make this often when I am taking a meal into a family. Add a green salad and some garlic breadsticks and it makes a delicious (and easy!) meal...
Mushroom Alfredo
Susan Eyre

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup chopped green onions
3 cloves garlic
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp flour
8 oz. can of mushrooms ( I use fresh...)
2 cups whipping cream (warmed)
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1 lb fettucini

Melt butter on medium heat. Add onions, garlic, salt and pepper until tender. Stir in flour and cook one minute. Add mushrooms and cook until liquid has evaporated. Gradually stir in warmed cream and cheese. Stir constantly until it boils. Cook until thickened.

1 comment:

  1. I saw a link on FB for your blog. Anything your mom makes is sooo yummy! I still make her spinach poppy seed salad and cherry bars, and I miss her toffee every Christmas! Keep up the good work, ladies!

    ReplyDelete